Halo: Reach dated: September 14
Jonah Falcon
2010-05-24 16:03:14 UTC
http://www.gamestooge.com/2010/05/24/halo-reach-release-date-september-14/
BoodyBandit
2010-05-28 17:24:24 UTC
http://www.gamestooge.com/2010/05/24/halo-reach-release-date-septembe...
YAY!
Wasn't impressed with the beta.
I prefer BFBC, GR, RS and even the COD series over Halo now.

But it will sell 10 million copies!
So did MW2 and it's in the running for the most broken game released
this generation.
Just goes to show you what sales mean!

But it' one of the most played franchises in XBL history!
Yeah because we all know kids love a complex and challenging shooter
vs a pick up play / over the top game.

Sorry but I am more interested in whether or not Epic will release
Gears of War 3 to play more like the original vs another "repeat" in
the Halo franchise.

Halo is a great playing game that runs great online but IMHO it
screams "I needs more depth!"
The alMIGHTY N
2010-05-28 19:29:48 UTC
Post by BoodyBandit
http://www.gamestooge.com/2010/05/24/halo-reach-release-date-septembe...
YAY!
Wasn't impressed with the beta.
I prefer BFBC, GR, RS and even the COD series over Halo now.
But it will sell 10 million copies!
Doubtful. It'll sell better than ODST but it won't outsell Halo 3.
Post by BoodyBandit
So did MW2 and it's in the running for the most broken game released
this generation.
Just goes to show you what sales mean!
But it' one of the most played franchises in XBL history!
Yeah because we all know kids love a complex and challenging shooter
vs a pick up play / over the top game.
Sorry but I am more interested in whether or not Epic will release
Gears of War 3 to play more like the original vs another "repeat" in
the Halo franchise.
Halo is a great playing game that runs great online but IMHO it
screams "I needs more depth!"
Which is why it's *good* that Bungie is no longer working on the
franchise. I say try to convince Epic to take the reigns...
Jonah Falcon
2010-05-28 20:09:17 UTC
Post by The alMIGHTY N
Which is why it's *good* that Bungie is no longer working on the
franchise. I say try to convince Epic to take the reigns...
YE GODS NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Epic can't make a shooter worth a shit anymore.
BoodyBandit
Then I guess MS is fucked!
The alMIGHTY N
2010-06-01 14:01:26 UTC
Post by Jonah Falcon
Post by The alMIGHTY N
Which is why it's *good* that Bungie is no longer working on the
franchise. I say try to convince Epic to take the reigns...
YE GODS NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Epic can't make a shooter worth a shit anymore.
Gears of War came out a full year before Halo 3 did and was a much
better shooter. The only downside was the buggy multiplayer, but the
game concept and design itself was infinitely better than that of Halo
3.
BoodyBandit
2010-05-28 20:37:51 UTC
Post by BoodyBandit
So did MW2 and it's in the running for the most broken game released
this generation.
Just goes to show you what sales mean!
But it' one of the most played franchises in XBL history!
Yeah because we all know kids love a complex and challenging shooter
vs a pick up play / over the top game.
Sorry but I am more interested in whether or not Epic will release
Gears of War 3 to play more like the original vs another "repeat" in
the Halo franchise.
Halo is a great playing game that runs great online but IMHO it
screams "I needs more depth!"
Which is why it's *good* that Bungie is no longer working on the
franchise. I say try to convince Epic to take the reigns...
Unreal engine for a Halo game?
I don't think that would work.

Bungie's netcode is a lot better than Epic. I would be a disaster of
"epic" proportions. ;)
The alMIGHTY N
2010-06-01 14:02:49 UTC
Post by BoodyBandit
Post by BoodyBandit
[...]
Keep in mind that I'm not coming from the perspective of someone who
plays multiplayer games. :-)

Halo 3 would *look* a lot better, have better controls and present a
much better story if it were done by Epic. The only thing Bungie has
going for it right now as far as Halo is concerned is the multiplayer.
Mango
2010-06-05 14:07:04 UTC
Post by BoodyBandit
Post by The alMIGHTY N
Post by BoodyBandit
Post by BoodyBandit
[...]
Netcode doesn't have somethink to do with the engine I think, the purpose of
the engine is to built a framework or something to create the graphics.